I stated my never-ending love for Beverly Hills 90210 (the original) when I wrote about the first season. And although I’m sure incredulous minds would never think I was serious when I said I’m going to watch it all again, I am in fact dead serious. And I am loving it all over again.
Before going to a psychiatric hospital her blonde hair has grown enough to show dark roots, clearly a metaphor for the darkness of her mind. Because, you know, brunettes are evil, and girls who don’t take proper care of their hair are even more evil.Once she is at the psychiatric hospital, her roots are no longer there and her hair is perfectly dyed. Blondes have more fun and no mental problems, so she must be getting better.
Other highlights of the season:
– Dylan and Brenda’s trip to Mexico. What a pair of rebels.
– The drama teacher falling for Andrea. Very believable.
– Donna dressed as a mermaid.
– Brenda almost getting shot.
– The bridesmaid dresses at Jackie and Mel’s wedding. Loved them at the age of 8, still love them now.