You might also want to pop over to Diana’s blog later today for a little giveaway.
Tag Archives | Links
You can find my post for today over at Lou’s blog.
As soon as I found this blog a couple of days ago I knew I had to blog about it. In fact, it’s been open on my browser all this time as I slowly work my way back in time and ohhh and ahhh at all the amazing pictures.
There’s something special about old kid’s books. As a kid I preferred my mum’s old books to my own shiny new ones, and some of those books became my childhood favourites. I’m very glad that she shared her favourite books with me. Going to charity shops and finding similar books to the ones we already had used to be a really big excitement. This woman does the same, but more obsessively, and she documents her findings on her amazingly comprehensive blog. Anybody who enjoys children’s literature and/or illustration should add this to their reader.
All images in this post belong to vintage kids’ books my kid loves.
- New York, 1940s
- Cornwall, August 1913
- Photobooth animations
- USSR, 1953
- The Brixton Zebra
- Christian Dior in the USSR
- Notting Hill Gate tube posters c. 1956-1959
- Paris Flat Unopened for 70 years
And some other stuff that caught my eye this week:
- Harry Potter covers redesigned. Much nicer than the originals!
- I plan on baking these cookies I found on summer harms and pumpkin and honey bread. Just thinking about it makes me salivate!
- My film knowledge is horrible when it comes to horror films, so I will be making use of Courtney’s guide to horror.
- Ever thought about carving Morrissey on a pumpkin? no? Me neither. It’s amazing and hilarious in equal measures.